WATER / WASTE WATER
TTFM 1.0 Transit Time Flowmeter
Accurately measure the flow rate of clean, non-aerated liquids like water, chemicals, and oils in full pipes. Ultrasonic transducers mount on the outside of a pipe without shutting down flow. Flow rate is displayed on the large, backlit display along with totalizer and signal strength. Use the built-in control relays for flow alarms or flow proportionate pulse. Connect the isolated 4-20mA output to PLC's or controllers.
The TTFM 1.0 works on a wide range of pipe sizes and materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, cast iron, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, copper, brass, aluminum and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber and Teflon.
The TTFM 1.0 Transit Time Flowmeter operates by measuring the “transit time” or “time of flight” for ultrasonic sound pulses transmitted from one transducer to another. Depending on the mounting configuration, the signal may cross the pipe once, twice or four times. To measure flow the transit time is compared between ultrasonic signals travelling upstream and downstream.
TTFM 1.0 Standard Features Include:
- pair SE16B ultrasonic transducers - clamp-on for 2” to 48” (50 mm to 1200 mm) pipes
- and rated non-incendive for Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C & D locations
- sensor cables - pair 25 ft / 7.6 m coaxial with BNC connectors
- flow rate range: ± 0.07 to 39 ft/sec (± 0.02 to 12 m/sec)
- installation - stainless steel transducer mounting brackets and clamps, alignment bar and silicone coupling compound kit
- enclosure - watertight, NEMA4X (IP66) polyester and polycarbonate
- display - white, backlit matrix
- totalizer - 14 digits
- calibration - built-in 5-key programmer
- output - isolated 4-20mA (1000 ohm)
- 2 control relays - 5 amp, SPDT - programmable for flow proportional pulse output, and/or flow alarm
- plug-and-play options including data logger and extra control relays
- power input - 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 4 Watts maximum
- electrical surge protection and RFI filters - AC, sensor, 4-20mA
Contact Greyline Instruments for specific recommendations in your application.