WATER / WASTE WATER
Non-contacting flow monitoring specifically designed for limestone slurry, fly ash slurry, gypsum slurry and many others
The Greyline SFM 6.1 was specifically developed for the slurry applications found in today’s coal fired power plants. Using a proprietary algorithm specifically designed for measuring slurry flow, the SFM 6.1 incorporates more than 25 years of Greyline ultrasonic flow measurement experience.
The SFM 6.1 Slurry Flow Meter works best in applications that would defeat regular contacting flow meters. Because the Sensor is mounted on the outside of the pipe, it is unaffected by abrasive slurries or harsh chemicals. There is no obstruction to flow and no pressure drop.
Easy to Install
Each SFM 6.1 Slurry Flow Meter includes a strap-on ultrasonic sensor, an adjustable stainless steel mounting clamp and sensor coupling compound. The sensor fits on the outside of any pipe diameter ½" (12.7 mm) or larger. It takes just a few minutes to install. There is no need to shut down flow.
- Digital processing system tracks flow signals accurately and auto-zeroes with signal loss
- Noise suppression circuitry filters “dirty” power and electrical interference from most VFD's
- Automatically converts between measurement units (e.g. gallons or liters)
- Calibration data and Totalizer values are stored automatically during power interruptions
- Output “simulation” function simplifies calibration of remote devices (e.g. chart recorders or controllers)
- Self-tunes to Sensor cable length
Contact Greyline Instruments for specific recommendations in your application.