|PORTABLE ULTRASONIC FLOW METER SPECIFICATIONS
SCOPE: This specification covers a portable, ultrasonic
Transit Time flow meter by Greyline Instruments,
Massena, New York / Long Sault, Ontario. This portable instrument shall
provide for non-intrusive flow measurement, indication,
totalizing and transmitting of the flow rate in a full pipe.
Each portable Transit Time flow meter shall have the following
design features and engineering specifications:
A. PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
- Have an accuracy of ±2% of reading in most
clean fluid applications. Have repeatability
- Operate on clean liquids in full pipes
with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles.
- Operate on any sonic conducting pipe
material such as carbon steel, stainless steel, galvanized steel, mild
steel, copper, UPVC, PVDF, glass, brass and including pipes with bonded
liners of epoxy, rubber or cement.
- Operate on AC/DC power. Include an internal
NiMH rechargeable battery with capacity for 16 hours continuous battery operation. Recharge and operate
with power input of 100-260VAC 50-60Hz.
B. ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS
- Have two sets of dual clamp-on transducers
operating at 1MHz and 2MHz.
- The transducers shall be waterproof and operate
continuously at temperatures from -4°F to 275°F (-20°C to 135°C).
- The transducers shall be designed to
install on pipes from 0.51" to 78" (13 to 2000 mm) outside diameter.
- Have a 6 ft (2 m) long
cable from the transducers to the electronics.
- Shall include manufacturer's recommended sensor coupling
- Shall include stainless steel sensor
mounting guiderails with clamps permitting installation and removal of
- Shall include a transducer test block to allow the transducers and
inter-connecting cables to be functionally checked.
- Have a portable, hand-held ABS enclosure
plus a padded IP67 watertight carrying case containing the flowmeter, sensors and
accessories. Total shipping weight shall not exceed 15 lbs (6 kg).
- Electronics shall be designed for continuous operation at
temperatures from 32° to 122°F (0° to 50° C).
- Have a built-in 16-key programmer with
user-friendly calibration menu and language selection including English,
French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Norwegian and Dutch.
- Have a 64 x 240 pixel backlit LCD graphics display indicating
positive and negative flow rates and flow totals, calibration
menu, signal strength, battery charge status, date and time.
- Have a 98,000 point data logger recording time and date stamped
- Have RS232 and USB outputs for data transfer to a Windows PC.
- Have flow proportional opto-isolated 0/4-20mA output rated to maximum
resistive load of 620 ohms.
- Have a response time of less than 500 ms and sampling resolution of 50
- Have adjustable Reynolds number compensation for pipe wall roughness.
automatic signal strength monitoring and indication.
- Have a battery status indicator with automatic low
battery shut off and battery overcharge protection.
The instrument shall be a
Portaflow PT500 Portable
Meter by Greyline Instruments Inc., and warranted
against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.