PORTABLE ULTRASONIC FLOW METER SPECIFICATIONS
SCOPE: This specification covers a portable, ultrasonic
Transit Time flow meter by Greyline Instruments,
Massena, New York / Long Sault, Ontario. This portable instrument shall
provide for non-intrusive flow measurement, indication,
totalizing and transmitting of the flow rate in a full pipe.
Each portable Transit Time flow meter shall have the following
design features and engineering specifications:
A. PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
- The ultrasonic flow meter shall have an accuracy of ±1% of
reading or 0.1 ft/sec (0.03 m/sec), whichever is greater.
Have repeatability and linearity of ±0.25%.
- Shall operate on clean liquids in full pipes with less than 2% solids or
gas bubbles at flow velocities from ±0.07 to 39 ft/sec (±0.02 to 12 m/sec).
- Operate on the following pipe materials: carbon steel, stainless steel,
PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, galvanized steel, mild steel, ductile iron, glass, copper, brass
and pipes with bonded liners including cement, epoxy, rubber and Teflon.
- Operate on AC power or from internal,
- The flow meter shall have a dual
transmitting/receiving, clamp-on transducers operating at 1.28MHz.
- The transducers shall operate continuously at temperatures from -40°F to 300°F (-40°C
- The standard transducer pair shall be
designed to install on pipes with nominal diameter ranging from 1/2" to
mm to 1200 mm).
- Have 12 ft (3.4 m) length coaxial cables
from the electronics with BNC connectors to transducers.
- Shall include manufacturer's recommended
transducer coupling compound. Shall include stainless steel mounting hardware, pipe
clamps and aluminum alignment bar.
- Shall include BNC seal jackets for transducer operation
in wet or submerged conditions.
- Have a portable ABS electronics enclosure
with a padded, watertight IP67 carrying case. Total weight shall be less than 15
lbs (7 kg).
- Electronics shall be designed for continuous operation at
temperatures from -5° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C).
- Have a built-in 5-key calibration keypad with operator selection
of parameters through visual prompts from a menu
calibration system. Systems requiring calibration by
Parameter codes or external calibrators
shall not be accepted.
- Have user-selectable menu languages including English, French and
- Have a white, backlit matrix display indicating flow in
user-selected engineering units, totalized flow, units of
calibration, and signal strength.
- Have display backlight brightness adjustment for reduced power
- Have flow proportional 4-20mA output rated to maximum
resistive load of 500 ohms.
- Have a built-in 300,000 point data logger,
output and connecting cables. Data logger shall support
time and date-stamped logging and generate formatted flow
reports including total, average, minimum, maximum and
times of occurrence.
- Include Windows software for data log retrieval, graphing
automatic signal strength and signal confidence monitoring.
- Have keypad adjustable minimum flow rate cutoff.
- Shall include an external with CE/UL approved charger with
100-240VAC 50/60Hz input.
- Shall include an internal NiMH rechargeable battery with minimum capacity for 18
hours continuous battery operation.
- Have a battery status indicator with automatic low
battery shut off and battery overcharge protection.
- Have user-selectable "sleep mode" synchronized to data logger sample
rate for reduced battery power consumption.
D. OPTIONAL FEATURES FOR INSERTION IN SPECIFICATION AS
- Include additional 150 g. manufacturer's recommended
ultrasonic sensor coupling compound.
- Include 50 ft (15 m) length Sensor Cable extension
complete with connecting plugs.
The instrument shall be a Model
PTFM 1.0 Portable Transit Time Flow Meter as manufactured by Greyline Instruments Inc., and warranted
against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.