DOPPLER FLOW SWITCH SPECIFICATIONS
SCOPE: This specification covers a non-intrusive, ultrasonic
Doppler-type flow switch as manufactured by Greyline Instruments
Inc., Massena, New York / Long Sault, Ontario. The instrument
shall provide for flow control at adjustable flow velocities.
A. PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
- The flow switch shall operate with a
clamp-on ultrasonic sensor mounted externally on any contiguous pipe
material that conducts sound including: carbon steel, stainless steel,
ductile iron, copper, FRP, PVC, ABS, or cement lined pipe from 1/2" to 180"
(12.5 mm to 4.5 m) diameter.
- Shall operate on liquids with entrained particles or gases of
100 microns or larger and minimum concentrations of 75
- The control ON and OFF set-points shall be
independently adjustable for flow rates between 0.25 ft/sec (0.076 m/sec)
and 10 ft/sec (3 m/sec).
B. TRANSDUCER (SENSING ELEMENT)
- The flow sensor shall be single-head, ultrasonic in a
stainless steel housing. It shall be installed on the
outside of a pipe without interrupting flow. The sensor
shall be capable of continuous operation at temperatures
from -40°F to 300°F (-40°C to 150°C), and to withstand
accidental submersion pressures to 10 psi.
recommended coupling compound and stainless steel pipe
clamp shall be included.
- Shall connect to separate electronics
housing with 20 ft (6m) shielded coaxial cable pair with
waterproof, potted bond to the Sensor head.
- Shall be capable of extending sensor cable up to 500 ft
(152m) without adjustment and with no reduction in
performance or signal strength.
- Shall be housed in a wall-mount watertight, dust tight
NEMA4X (IP 66) polycarbonate enclosure with a gasketed
shatter proof window.
- Have a power input of 100–240VAC 50-60Hz (±10%), 2.0 W Max.
- Shall include one 5 ampere DPDT control relay.
- Shall operate in Hi
or Lo alarm mode, or with
separate ON/OFF set points individually adjustable
between 0.25 and 10 ft/sec (0.076 to 3 m/sec).
- The controller shall include an indicator LED to
display relay status and a LED bargraph to display flow rate.
- The controller shall include relay time delay
adjustment from 0 to 80 seconds.
- The flow switch electronics/controller shall operate at
temperatures from -10° to 140°F (-23° to 60°C).
- Shall be designed for maximum RFI rejection.
D. OPTIONAL FEATURES FOR INSERTION IN SPECIFICATION AS
- Have a power input of 12-24VDC (±10%), 3.0 W
- Have 50 ft (15 m) continuous length shielded coaxial
pair sensor cable.
- Have 100 ft (30 m) continuous length shielded coaxial
pair sensor cable.
- Have a Cable Junction Box and up to 500 ft (152 m)
total length cable that shall be shielded coaxial pair and
installed in conduit for mechanical protection.
The flow switch shall be a Model DFS
5.1 Doppler Flow Switch as
manufactured by Greyline Instruments Inc., and warranted against
defects in materials and workmanship for one year.