DIFFERENTIAL LEVEL TRANSMITTER SPECIFICATIONS
SCOPE: This specification covers a non-contacting ultrasonic
Differential Level Transmitter as manufactured by Greyline Instruments,
Massena New York / Long Sault, Ontario. This instrument shall
provide for indicating, transmitting and control of level, barscreen
differential level and open channel flow through a flume, weir, or other primary measuring device.
- Differential Level Transmitter to consist of
ultrasonic sensors, connecting cable, and a remote
enclosure with indicating, transmitting and controlling
- Measurement accuracy shall be ±0.25% of Range or 2 mm
(0.08"), whichever is greater, and shall be
automatically temperature compensated.
- Sensor cable length shall be as required by installation,
not to exceed 500 ft (152 m).
- System shall have no moving parts and shall not contact
the material being measured.
B. SENSING ELEMENT
- Ultrasonic sensors shall be constructed of PVC.
- Sensors shall have a minimum deadband or blanking of
8" (203.2 mm) and a maximum range of 15 ft. (4.57 m),
and have an operating frequency of 92 kHz with an
ultrasonic beam angle of 8 Degrees.
- Sensors shall withstand accidental submersion to 20 psi
- Sensor operating temperature shall be from -40°F to
150°F (-40°C to 65°C).
- Sensors shall include integral temperature sensor.
Temperature sensors requiring separate mounting and wire
runs shall not be accepted.
C. SENSOR CONNECTING CABLE
- Provide RG62AU coaxial cable 25' (7.6m) continuous
length, with waterproof, potted bond to the Sensor head.
- Extended sensor cable shall be RG62AU coaxial to a
maximum of 500' (152m) for each sensor. Cable shall be spliced with screw
terminal connections in manufacturer's recommended steel
NEMA4 Junction Box.
- Level and temperature signals shall be conducted on one
single coaxial cable. Separate or multiple-conductor
cables shall not be accepted.
- Sensor cable shall be installed in grounded metal
- The transmitter shall include a built-in
5-Key calibration system with operator selection of parameters through
visual prompts from a Menu calibration system. Systems requiring calibration
by Parameter codes or external calibrators shall not be accepted..
- Calibration data shall be permanently stored through
power interruptions without requirement of a back-up
- Field calibration shall allow selection and automatic
conversion of measurement units, measurement span and
- The transmitter shall provide for field
calibration in user-selected Level, Range and/or Open Channel Flow modes.
Operation mode shall be user-selectable for differential level,
differential level plus open channel flow, level/volume in two tanks or
submerged flow alarm in Parshall flumes.
- Transmitter shall permit field programmable damping to
smooth output in turbulent level conditions and
to disregard false signals
from waves and spurious echoes.
- Transmitter electronics operating temperature shall be from -5° to
140°F (-20° to 60°C).
- Transmitter shall have three isolated 4-20mA outputs
1000 ohm maximum load. Outputs shall allow field
programmable offsets of 4mA and 20mA for level, differential level and
open channel flow.
- Provide 2 control relay dry contacts rated 5 ampere SPDT.
Relays shall be programmable for level alarm, differential level
control, temperature alarm, pump control, pump alternation, flow totalizer pulse and/or echo loss
- Provide a white, backlit matrix LCD display
indicating level, differential level, flow rate, totalizer and relay states in user-selected engineering units.
- Transmitter shall be housed in a wall-mount, watertight
NEMA4X (IP 66) enclosure with hinged, clear cover. Mounting
hardware shall be included.
- Transmitter LCD display shall be visible without opening cover.
- Transmitter electronics shall include
automatic high voltage bleeds for nearby lightning strikes.
- Electronics shall be modular and field replaceable by means of plug-in
circuit boards. The instrument shall detect and load software menus
automatically for field-installed options.
- The transmitter shall be powered by
100-240VAC 50/60Hz requiring less than 3 Watts.
E. OPTIONAL FEATURES FOR INSERTION AS REQUIRED
- Have 4 additional (6 total) control relays, rated 5 amp
SPDT and programmable for level alarm, differential level control,
temperature alarm, pump control, pump alternation, flow totalizer pulse and/or echo loss
- Sensor, connecting cable and junction boxes shall be
rated intrinsically safe to Class I,II,III, Div. I,II,
- Have a thermostat controlled enclosure heater for
Transmitter operation at temperatures below freezing.
- Have two PZ34T non-contacting ultrasonic
PVC sensors rated for measurement range up to 32 ft (10 m) with minimum
deadband or blanking of 16" (406 mm).
- Have manufacturer's recommended enclosure sunscreen to
permit Transmitter mounting in direct sunlight.
- Have manufacturer's recommended Sensor sunscreen to
permit temperature-compensated Sensor mounting in direct
- Have manufacturer's recommended Panel Mount Flange
assembly for enclosure installation.
- Have a built-in 2 million point Data Logger
with USB output to flash drive or mass storage device.
- Transmitter power input shall be 9-32VDC with maximum power
consumption of 3 watts or less.
DLT 2.0 Differential Level Transmitter shall be Model DLT
2.0 as manufactured by
Greyline Instruments Inc. and shall be warranted against defects
in materials and workmanship for one year.