TRANSIT TIME FLOW METER SPECIFICATIONS
This specification covers an Transit Time Ultrasonic Flow Meter
as manufactured by Greyline Instruments, Massena, New York /
Long Sault, Ontario. The instrument shall provide for
non-intrusive flow measurement, indication, totalizing and
transmitting of the flow rate in a full pipe.
A. PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
- The ultrasonic flow meter shall have an accuracy of ±1% of
reading or 0.1 ft/sec (0.03 m/sec), whichever is greater.
Have repeatability and linearity of ±0.25%.
- Shall operate on clean liquids in full pipes with less than 2% solids or
gas bubbles at flow velocities from ±0.07 to 39 ft/sec (±0.02 to 12 m/sec).
- Operate on the following pipe materials: carbon steel, stainless steel,
PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, galvanized steel, mild steel, glass, copper, brass
and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber and Teflon.
B. TRANSDUCERS (FLOW SENSORS)
- The flow meter shall have a dual
transmitting/receiving, clamp-on transducers. The transducers shall operate continuously at temperatures from -40°F to 300°F (-40°C
- The standard transducer pair shall be
designed to install on pipes with inside diameter ranging from 1/2" to
mm to 1200 mm).
- Have 25 ft (7.6 m) length coaxial cables
from the electronics with BNC connectors to transducers.
- Shall include manufacturer's recommended
sensor coupling compound. Shall include stainless steel mounting hardware
with pipe clamps.
- Shall include BNC seal jackets for transducer operation
in wet or submerged conditions.
- Transducers shall be rated Non-incendive for
Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C & D
- The transmitter indicator shall be housed in
a watertight and dust tight NEMA4X (IP 66) polyester and polycarbonate enclosure with a gasketed shatter proof window, and suitable for wall mounting.
- Flow meter electronics shall be designed to
operate at temperatures from -5°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C). Electronic
circuits are interchangeable with other flow meters having the same model
number. The transmitter circuit and calibration frequency standard shall be
crystal controlled. The transmitter shall be powered by 100-240VAC 50/60Hz
requiring less than 4 Watts.
- The transmitter shall include a built-in
5-Key calibration system with operator selection of parameters through
visual prompts from a Menu calibration system. Systems requiring calibration
by Parameter codes or external calibrators shall not be accepted.
- The 4-20mA shall be flow proportional and
isolated, with programmable zero and full scale offsets. Maximum resistive
load shall be 1000 ohms. It shall include automatic high voltage bleeds for
nearby lightning strikes.
- Shall include noise suppression circuitry to
filter electrical interference.
- Have a white, backlit matrix LCD display
indicating flow rate in user-selected engineering units, units of calibration,
relay states, signal strength and 14-digit totalizer.
- Have 2 control relays rated 5 ampere SPDT.
Relays shall be programmable for flow proportional pulse output, or as flow
rate alarms with separate ON/OFF set points.
- Shall display and totalize forward and reverse flow.
- Electronics shall be modular and field replaceable by means of plug-in
circuit boards. The instrument shall detect and load software menus
automatically for field-installed options.
D. ADDITIONAL FEATURES FOR INSERTION IN
SPECIFICATION AS REQUIRED:
- Transducer cables shall be 50 ft (15m) length coaxial
with BNC transducer connections.
- Transducer cable shall be
extended length shielded coaxial pair up to 250 ft (75 m) with NEMA4X (IP
66) Junction Box.
- Transducers shall be rated
Intrinsically Safe for Class I, Division 1, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups
E, F and G; Class III; Type 4 hazardous locations.
- Have a thermostatically controlled
heater for condensation protection in locations with temperature below -5°F
- Have power input of 9-32VDC.
- Have 4 additional (6 total) control relays, rated 5 amp
SPDT and programmable for flow rate alarms or flow totalizer pulse.
- Have a built-in 2 million point Data Logger
with USB output to flash drive or mass storage device. Include Windows software.
The instrument shall be a Model
TTFM 1.0 Transit Time Flowmeter as manufactured by Greyline Instruments Inc., and warranted
against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.